Saturday, September 19, 2009

New Addition: Megan





Welcome Home Megan!

Where to begin. Well for those that didn't know we were trying to adopt. We have been on LDS Family Services for several months. Then radomly on Tuesday September 8, I received a email from an amazing foster family that has a 2 year old, that said "would you be willing to adopt a 2 year old with legal risk". So of course we were excited. We drove up that night and saw her. She was half asleep but still cute. Then the next day we drove up there and took Megan out to McDonald's and the park. Then the plan was to ease her in and have her for a couple of days, but we would have a hard time leaving her. So on Friday September 11, the foster parents came and dropped her off and she felt like at home. She has been amazing. From the first day she has been calling us Mommy and Daddy.

This week we has been fun. We have had a couple of toddler showers, and amazing gifts and love from friends and family. Thanks for all those that have shown love and support to us and Megan.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is it my imagination or is she pulling the Snef/Beaker frown in the top picture. She must really be yours!

Trent and Carlie & Co. said...

She is adorable Stephanie! I am so glad that you invited me to your shower. We need to get our girls together for a play date!

Goratrain and Ian-ator said...

That is so exciting! What an adorable little girl. Love the red hair! I bet you and Tyler are just what this little one needs. Excited for you and Miss Megan!

Erica said...

Yay that is so exciting and I'm so happy for you guys. Can't wait to meet her in person!

Unknown said...

Hi. My name is Shauna. I am the daughter of Happie. I just wanted to share with you the joy that I felt when reading your blog and looking at your pictures of your family. Congratulations. I think you both are doing an amazing job.